Hi there – if you’re looking for Adult Classes & Workshops for Silk Painting, you’e come to the right place. My name is Teena Hughes, I’ve been painting on silk for 30+ years, and I provide Online Silk Painting classes and workshops, wherever you are in the world.
If you have a special event and you’d like to discuss the possibility of me participating, please contact me so we can chat about your event.
If you’re looking for Courses or Workshops to attend in person, this might be of interest:
2018 Workshops in Brisbane
I’ll be launching private Silk Painting Workshops in Brisbane in March 2018 — please do sign up for the Silk News so you’ll get the Early Bird Notifications (and possibly a discount) for upcoming Workshops.
Here’s my Studio close to Brisbane (and by the beach):
Workshops in Sydney, Melbourne, Los Angeles? Not at the moment
There are no current plans to host any workshops in different locations in Australia or the USA. In the future I may plan to host Private Mastermind Silk Painting Events, so if you’d like to chat about that, please do contact me.
All Courses: Online or via Home Study Course DVDs.
To date, I have provided the following types of Silk Painting Workshops for Beginners to Advanced Students
In the future, these Workshops will be available online — please sign up for the Newsletter to be notified when any of them are ready to launch.
- Learn how to paint on silk – create your own silk chiffon scarves!
Intermediate / Advanced Course ideas for painting on silk
- Scarfalicious! Painting gorgeous designs on long silk scarves
- Creating your own beautiful hand-painted silk cushion covers
- Using Cold Wax to mask areas of your design to create layers of colour
- Embellishing your silk scarves, blouses etc with paint sticks
- Learning to make your own outliner (gutta-like product) and colouring it with dyes to match your design
To find out more about the online silk painting Courses available, please visit the Online Silk Painting page.
Photos: Example of my students learning silk painting using French silk dyes on Habotai silk.